Philips 9710M Full Range....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I used it in a Karlson 12, it did well enough there. For a straight-up reflex, it wants something larger than the 40L recommended by Philips. I tried ~50L and was not crazy about it. It'd probably be happy in 100L+. A large TQWT might be pretty good too.

IG

horns

Hello,

look my sat horns:
Horn, Trumpet, Schalmei

and the double horns;
Saxophon, RDH 20, Posaune XL

Attachments

• 2alphornhornsat.jpg
    2alphornhornsat.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 531
  • Schalmeisat1.JPG
    Schalmeisat1.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 533
  • saxophon nirvana.jpg
    saxophon nirvana.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 508
  • rdhb200.jpg
    rdhb200.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 509
i build a TQWT with the 9710/M8 as driver and i just love it and it is just 26.4 (cm) wide.

Hi Xerxes,

Your design is IMO the way to go,way better than the suggested 'German' box proposed here-above:
The design is IMO a Lemon Design...

Luckily the opinion what's an acceptable FR is very varied but if ignoring to present an acoustic load in the vicinity of fs is a method I never have encountered before..

I've used 9710M in more than 50 build since 1968 and all were survivors ...over time.:D

b :)

Attachments

• Seas_FA22RCZ.jpg
    Seas_FA22RCZ.jpg
    738.3 KB · Views: 351
dimensions etc.

Well i wrote that i would sent a PM but maybe there are more people who want something like this. so in the attachment there is a quick drawing i made just now.

I filled the bottom with fine sand for stability and all the sides (except the baffle backside) with under carpet. There is no filter or BSC.

all the panels except the baffle are 22mm MDF the front is 24mm (or 2x12mm) plywood.

but if you are limited with space you could build a small Briggs cabinet (see attachment) this is simple, small and sounds great.

Attachments

• tqwt.pdf
    264.6 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    415.1 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 320
Well, for a T/S max flat alignment tuned to ~35 Hz, a MLTL is around 60" high and ~18" square or ~8.733 ft^3 net.

A TQWT is similar sized, just shaped differently.

GM

Thanks GM!

My "accidental MLTL" estimation is pretty much in line with this. Such a box might put out some pretty good bass, though GD may be about as high as tolerable (I don't know what my threshold is here though). I do not own my pair of 9710 anymore, but still keep an interest in these special drivers.

IG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.