Silencer Speaker Baffle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for sharing your experiments and results.

However, It seems to me that the 5/8" thick under carpet felt used by Hartley was a significant component in his testing. This is very different from your fiber board which appears to give the results expected of an aperiodic speaker. If I am wrong then perhaps you could give a us a more detailed description of your fiberboard.

In an optimally designed "Boffle" would the impedance curve be completely flat? I don't think this was ever addressed by Hartley.

Aperiodic can be good with the right driver, but is often a compromised versus simple sealed box, where a small enclosure size is the prime goal. This here boffle clearly has multiple tuning frequencies and lots of damping would make it aperiodic, but I'm not sure either we want that; it would not be a boffle anymore. Hard to say what would be best from this point without hearing it though.

IG

The first picture shows the round exit at the back lightly stuffed with foam.
The second picture shows the effect of more stuffing, foam and polyester wool.

Attachments

• Boffle BG 20 exit light stuffed.JPG
    Boffle BG 20 exit light stuffed.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 200
  • Boffle BG 20 exit stuffed full.JPG
    Boffle BG 20 exit stuffed full.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 197
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.