Full range speakers for Homecinema purpose - Page 9 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th May 2013, 01:52 AM   #81
diyAudio Member

This is the first chance I have had to compare the A7.3 against the A12P in the same venue. This is the setup in Room 217 at LSAF. (Y'all come down tomorrow!) The A12P absolutely smokes the A7.3 in every way. It is cleaner, clearer, goes higher, goes lower and is more dynamic. I used to love the A7.3's. They were the best I had ever heard. Until the A21P's. For sure I will get a pair of A10P's when they become available.

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LSAF.jpg (84.8 KB, 268 views)
Old 4th May 2013, 02:07 AM   #82
jimbro is offline jimbro  United States
diyAudio Member

Just when I thought I was through buying drivers...
Old 4th May 2013, 02:09 AM   #83
zman01 is offline zman01  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbro View Post
Just when I thought I was through buying drivers...

Fun of DIY... at times I feel it should come with a disclaimer.
Old 7th May 2013, 03:17 PM   #84
diyAudio Member

Coming back to the modern coaxial Beymas. They are indeed not cheap and the Neodymium magnets must play a role there. Well, I now notice that they have just released ferrite versions of them. I assume that these will be significantly cheaper but I haven't found prices yet.

From the Beyma news page:
"Extending the coaxial family, Beyma introduces four new ceramic magnet speakers; the new 5CX200Fe and 6CX200Fe are designed for full range applications, with extended low frequency response and accurate high frequencies thanks to the new and exclusive PM4 annular diaphragm. An excellent choice for high performance compact bass reflex cabinets. In the bigger range, we introduce the 12CXA400Fe and 15CXA400Fe, with common ferrite magnet design the new models are designed for top performance in the whole audible range. The typical application of these models are the stage monitors, but thanks to the outstanding response from the bottom to the top of the spectrum, more possibilities of application emerge (the neodymium versions are already installed in some reference broadcasting and recoding studios around the world)."

And here is a relevant fact sheet:
http://profesional.beyma.com/ingles/pdf/5CX200FE.pdf
Old 13th August 2013, 12:39 PM   #85
diyAudio Member

I'm very interested in these too.
You can get them here

Hide this!Advertise here!