Recommend A Full Range Driver For This Application

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to just buy a Parts Express 0.5 cu ft curved cabinet, drill a hole in the baffle and mount a FR driver. I can route recesses if necessary. It will be used with a subwoofer. The room is rather large, 18x24x8, but I'm into nearfield listening. Hopefully it will be efficient enough to be driven with SET tube amp.

Does a suitable FR driver exist to meet that application?

A suitable FR would probably be happier in one of the 2 smaller enclosures PE offers. Get the curved cabs, they are MUCH better than the rectangular.

All the FRs i would recommend are from Madisound... What kind of budget do you have.

dave

Budget is up to $200 plus or minus a few bucks just for the pair of drivers. Port tubes are OK. In fact I already have 2 - 2" tubes. Smaller curved PE cabs are fine with me and (most importantly) my wife.

I built a DIY project using TB W8-1772 but the wife complained about the large cabinets. They sounded great but the WAF was too low. Now, I want to try FR again but smaller and more WAF appealing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.