JXR 6 HD in open or very small enclosure - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th April 2013, 07:15 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

is this for fullrange? If so a bandpass is no good, only for a subwoofer.
Old 9th April 2013, 08:43 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

My actual project is this morning (morning in france): using the jordan in an 1.4l box as main speakers ( down to 100 -120hz according to winisd) , and then I try to imagine a small bass enclosure.. this Aura speaker is a full ranger...but allows to reproduce quite low frequencies in a real smal ancheap box (very long vent = is that a problem)
http://www.lamaisonduhautparleur.com...NS3-193-8A.pdf

As it is a cheap one (30€) and I do not really know it I was just trying to drive the bass frequencies that are not there using the Jordan alone..

You tell me i cannot use it as a sub in a pass band desing ..why what is the problem..may be about the phase ?? (curve is strange of course)
Old 9th April 2013, 04:45 PM   #13
Colin is offline Colin  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Just spotted this - the JXR6 is NOT suitable for open baffle. It requires an enclosure to operate.

I'm currently using a pair in 2.25 litre ceramic enclosures as a bedroom system. I haven't even bothered with a woofer or sub for them yet. They work well and used against a wall sound very good, with the lack of bass weight below 150Hz or so not being too obvious. Of course, it depends on what you listen to and how loud you want to play. My system is peaking at 75dB or so for late night listening.
Old 9th April 2013, 07:05 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

ah ha! You didnt mention the aura for bass support (or i misread). Sure a BP using the Aura would work with the Jordan in a sealed box for the rest of the range.

Last edited by mondogenerator; 9th April 2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10th April 2013, 09:46 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

thanks for your answers,
I now think my idea is ok and i'll built a 2.5 l closed enclosure or so, and then think of making a little sub .
Hope to have your advices for coming projects...in fact I have three system : one at hoem , one at my work , one in my sailing yacht and this one for aut side of the yacht..To of then still need improvement
Old 11th April 2013, 12:59 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

u cd make a small 2.1 system using a built in active amp, either a module or plate variety (The dayton x/o is fixed a little too high but sound is good and easy to build in).

Hifimediy DDX320v2 2.1 Digital Amplifier

https://www.intertechnik.de/Shop/Ver...xtra1=&extra2=
Old 11th April 2013, 02:04 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

ok , but remember, that system is for my sailing boat and the amp should work on 12-14v.
Just now i'll use the boat amp sytem (2+2 x 60w and 2x50w for the sub)...there will be some switch to choose on whitch speakers the sound goes ( outside or inside)

Hide this!Advertise here!