Philips AD12100/M8 solution

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys, so where is the real resonance frequency - like Philips says at 45Hz or 36Hz? I have AD 12100 M4 version and I'm trying to make a case for them, but I'm confused with the lack of realistic T-S parameters anywhere.

I tried few test cases, one 120 liter BR, one 60 liter BR, one 60 liter closed and still have no clue what to make finally. Any advices?

Well, Philips says it's 45hz but I measure 36hz. The driver is allready more then 20 years old.....this will soften the suspension.
The measured TSP's are realistic and you can use them to calculate enclosures.
The m4 version will only have a different impedance (4ohms)

Attachments

• AD12100M8.JPG
    AD12100M8.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 864
I've got the AD12100 M8 in a old box, but it's lacking bass as well.
Was thinking of getting rid them as I've too many unfinished projects lying around..

But I'm still tempted in trying the Monitor 12 design. How is that I see cravings on Vietnamese and Chili forums when you guys say it's will lack bass.

btw: I found another plan on which is a bit different from Xerxes75

If it's not the Monitor 12 what other designs are there?
@arjank how to tune to a port to 37hz? I just started and know little of the technical side of it. I just enjoy building and listening..

Just wait until my project is finished, then you'll get some definitive plans for a great AD12100/m8 design (as a fullrange driver and as a two-way system)

Thanks for the informations, and we are waiting for more :). By the way, I've made a tunnel construction (dont know how to name it in english) and it works really well. As soon as I finish my tests with another one which isn't yet ready, I will publish all here too.

Hi all.

Interesting indeed.
Thanks for all the graphs.
I will assume my set works like that as well instead of measuring it(as I'm not clued up on all that), just to start playing around.

Just to see if I understand these M8 measurements correctly....
If you were to use yours(ad12100 m8 as per the freq response graphs in this thread) in a simple OB and cross over the AD12100 M8 at some point in the higher frequencies to a suitable tweeter, say HE super tweeter...
What would you do/ where would you cross ? (10K ?) and if so, how would you do that ? a single cap or ?

The reason why I ask, is cause I'm really happy with my M8 as a single driver in JELABS ob ,,,,really just to get rid of the sharp / harsh high frequencies at higher volume(which is my experience with the M8 on a JE LABS OB )....

Kind regards,
Julian.

Reactions: 1 user
Is not the bass very loose in such a large cabinet? When I listen to my 12100/HP I think it is more of a midbass speaker suitable for a similar enclosure as a JBL 2202H. I will make a 47L and switch between JBL 2202H and the Philips. They will enforce the midbass section in my compression driver horn system.

Wow Norelco, your cabinet looks a lot larger than the original.
Since I've allready got a huge BLH with the Fostex 206e unit, I have dropped the idea of building another monster and go with the design of ArjanK. If only he had some time to finish his projects :D

@ Subaru, I'm using it with TS Audio 300B Monos and sometimes with Dynaco ST70. About the xover for the JBL, Just put a 1.5 uf capacitor ( with out inductor or L pad)

Hi good sir.

Thanks a mill for your info...
I have found a pair of vintage London Kelly Ribbons...
I need to see how to integrate with the rest of my drivers.
I want to use the Axiom 201, ad12100m8, 9710, Kelly Ribbon all in a single JELABS style Open Baffle.

I use the 3 Fullrangers currently in that fashion and it is sounding promising,,,but I think I need to split them to each play specific parts of the spectrum only.

MMM, WISH ME LUCK... I have no clue what to do next to achive that,,,, other then to dream and hope I get someone locally to help me and that it works wonders.... :)

I have philips 12100/m8 drivers, but 320l cab is to big,so i need something smoler like studio 12.Is someone build this cab,what is the SQ, and hoe low it goes.I saw dimensions of the cab,but there is no port lenght.
Sory for my bad english,and Happy New Year to all you good people.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.