Jordan Eikona vs EAD E100HD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've also compared the E100 and Eikona. The EAD had substantially more output at HF, more than the JX92 in my experience. I found it uncomfortable but that was personal preferences.

The two were in a sealed box enclosure which was against a wall, so alignment was close enough to make the comparison. The difference was not subtle.

Re the JX92 and Eikona - the Eikona sounds more balanced with none of the need to toe-in to get the correct balance. Cleaner at HF than the JX92 and much more so than the EAD. In many respects, I thought it resembled the JXR6 linear array. Same balance and similar excellent imaging.

Both EADs use their own cone, as far as I'm aware, and both have undergone manufacturing revisions. Even the JX92 changed when its manufacture moved from Vifa in Denmark.

I think it was the first E100 I was listening to. The HD was an EAD product without Ted's involvement, AFAIK.

Ah that's cleared things up as the E100HD I listened to didn't sound like the one you're describing, it was much more refined.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.