Has this "Hiend" brand driver from fleabay been discussed here? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 25th March 2013, 03:59 AM   #1
howardg is offline howardg  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Has this "Hiend" brand driver from fleabay been discussed here?

When I search for Fostex on fleabay, I find these drivers. Have you-all talked about them, or has anyone tried them? The price is low(for the smaller ones), and the sales copy brags about the sound. Seller is in Hong Kong I think.

-Howard

Old 25th March 2013, 02:33 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Did you intend to give us a clue? A link would be nice.

Last edited by Jim Griffin; 25th March 2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: correction

Old 25th March 2013, 03:02 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

There's a thread on here about them, currently on mobile so can't search for them. Also been used on open baffle as near field, search YouTube for Chinese 4 inch speakers, or hiend open baffle.or similar.

Old 25th March 2013, 03:15 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Yes Jim, Sorry that I omitted that. I did intend to include it, but forgot and submitted the post without it. Here it is:
Pair 2 HiEnd 4inch Full Range Fullrange Speaker Defy Lowther Fostex Aura | eBay

He does include TS parameters and a FR graph. He compares these 4 or so drivers with Fostex, Lowther, Aura. Are Aura not quite different from Fostex and Lowther in concept and application, making it a very general comparison? Qts is lisited at .481 which would put them out of horn territory, no? Interesting that they are 4 ohm-that might suggest certain designs/amps as well it seems. They are nice to look at. Aluminum basket. I have noticed that Fostex does not include a whizzer (or phase plug for that matter) on their smaller drivers.

There is also an 8 Alnico for much bigger bucks here:Pair 2pcs Alnico HiEnd 8inch Fullrange Speaker Driver Defy Lowther Fostex | eBay
The FR graph looks good except a big dip at 5k, what could be done about that, and would it likely be as annoying as a similar sized peak at the same point?

Old 25th March 2013, 03:39 PM   #5
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

I remember that driver but without knowing the title of the other thread there's little to no chance of finding it. I've searched but no luck.

Old 25th March 2013, 05:47 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-...knockoffs.html
Chinese/Taiwan 4 Dual Cone Speakers

Old 25th March 2013, 07:05 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Thanks DYNABLASTERTUNERS , Your links(above) were very helpful. The latest page (7) on the second linked-thread includes comments on the ferrite magnet version that has replaced the earlier neo mag. model.

From the info here, it seems that dealing with the e bay seller can be a good experience, and that these good looking speakers are a good value. Bass is said to be strong for it's size as a FR driver.

Follow links from DYNABLASTERTUNERS above for more info.

If others have bought these, I'd like to know their impressions.

Thanks

Old 25th March 2013, 07:36 PM   #8
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Ok, I will close this thread and combine the other two. Thanks Dyna...

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!