Shared box calculaton

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have ordered the 4FE32 from US Speaker $110 for pair + $18 shipping.
SpirosZ
Thanks again for the recommendation I have been looking for well over a year for a lighter speaker with with similar specs to the fostex FE126en.
Costis
Just curious why you went with the heavier 4FE35 instead of the lighter 4FE32 ?

I know you mentioned using a solar panel for power. I have a couple questions for you. What solar panel and are you still using a battery with it ? What battery ?
Thanks
Robert

I modeled the Faital 4FE35 in WinISD beta, although the EBP says it should be of the ported design the graphing did not look pretty. Response was all over the map in ported, bobbing up & down in DB but it will go down to 42.38 Hz in 22.3 liter enclosure. Forcing it to work in ported gets real ragged performance. Using sealed at 25 liters smooths things out considerably. It comes in about 3 Db down at 80 Hz, Using generous amounts of EQ to get the lower registers but watch out for hitting Xmax...which is not that bad at all at 2.73 mm......almost 3mm!
I would put a divider between the two drivers, no question about it.....you would get some phase cancellations between the two....especially when there are spatial time delays in the "stereo effect".......it would sound as if there were no "stereo".....muddy..YUK!

______________________________________________________Rick.........

Richard, you are very correct with your calculations. But, as I pointed out, it is for a portable boombox. No way I am going to carry 2 22,3 liter enclosures. If it is untolerable, i ll ad some stuffing. I like the drivers because of the nice flat high response.
Your point about shared volume makes a lot of sense. I ll go with two chambers, so the box will be more rigid, too.

Oh and with the ceramic magnets they re a little cheaper. Considering that the whole
.thing will include the battery and the solar panel, the little extra weight is not much. Solar panels by themselves are pretty unusable, voltage varies between 5 and 17 Volts. So you need a battery nd a solar charge controller. With a 1.3 Ah sealed lead acid i get 6-7 hours play (loud volume) and it s charged in 2-3 hours in Greek sunshine with 5W panel.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.