Erich Hartmenn (or similar) cabinet for 7.3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Beauty is in the eye of the engineer. Everything is a compromise.

Since there is a [VERY STRONG] strong possibility that the A7.3 will be run "full range" with a woofer blended in below, I'm looking for a compact enclosure that will provide smooth response. Pencils are just too big for my use and position the driver below where I prefer for the midrange and tweeter. I might consider sealed to protect the driver from over-excursion. That would end up being a pretty small cabinet but might limit mid-bass performance.

In my experience, the Alpair 7.3 works very nicely in the P10 Mar-Ken 7.3.

For a simpler build you can opt for the free CGR version Dave has on his site.

The Mar-Ken mid-bass articulation is very good; yes, you will not get the deepest bass, but for that you will be using a sub or helper woofers, right?

Another option can be a folded Half-Tower... Alp 7.3 might work with CHR-70 tuning - Dave can confirm that.

Beauty is in the eye of the engineer. Everything is a compromise.

Since there is a [VERY STRONG] strong possibility that the A7.3 will be run "full range" with a woofer blended in below, I'm looking for a compact enclosure that will provide smooth response. Pencils are just too big for my use and position the driver below where I prefer for the midrange and tweeter. I might consider sealed to protect the driver from over-excursion. That would end up being a pretty small cabinet but might limit mid-bass performance.

which sub you are planning? and at what xover point?

which sub you are planning? and at what xover point?

I have a couple of options. I have a pair of Lambda SB12s and also a pair of ScanSpeak 25W8565s. The SB12s are in a 3.5 cu ft enclosure. Don't have an enclosure for the SS drivers, yet.

I can cross over at pretty much any frequency I want. My method will probably be to measure and listen to the Alpairs full range, then add bass reinforcement below the point of driver rolloff or maybe a little higher to help limit cone movement (series cap).

I want to clarify my earlier post. I have two SB12 subwoofer enclosures and plan on a left and right subwoofer speaker. The same arrangement will be used with the ScanSpeak drivers. I'm not a big fan of single subwoofers or subs that are not located very near their respective treble channels.

In any case, the subs will be bi-amped into the system. If I filter the A7.3s (or 10.2s) it will be a first order / single cap in series with the driver.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.