Visaton Quadro questions. Box to Open baffle and other questions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Last night I finally removed my B200 from the Audio Circle enclosure. And moved it to a real open baffle. Much better. In fact I am of the opinion the Audio Circle idea for the full range part is a disaster.

So as I was listening last night. I really enjoyed my b200's. But it does not compare with the dynamics of the 12 inch Bastanis wideband unit. Nor does it have the same soundstage in the center I enjoy from my Bastanis.

I got to think. To get some more dynamics...How about reproducing the quadro but...in open baffle. My question is would that need a radical re-design of the crossover? I'm really not knowledgeable on crossovers. But it strikes me that the crossover is fairly complex. (Schematic attached) Has this not been done because that could help sell crossover parts? Or am I being overly suspicious? :D

I understand that no. 3 is the driver that remains wideband. While the others do the lower registers. Would a low pass filter for all three remaining drivers not suffice? I suppose the problem is then paralleling/serie-ing.

Any other comments on the quadro in general would be appreciated as well.

http://www.visaton.com/en/bauvorschlaege/breitband/quadro/index.html

Attachments

• quadro_w.gif
    quadro_w.gif
    50.3 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Has this not been done because that could help sell crossover parts? Or am I being overly suspicious? :D

Me think to sell the speakers :rolleyes:
What I see is that only two speakers are run fullrange,the 2 and 3 that are series connected; the 1 and 4 are series connected too...no, wait : the two pairs 1-2 and 3-4 are almost the same ( with parallel component crossover type) and then series connected ; this is done to have a reasonable power response , and to make the listener not confused by too many sound sources.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.