Klipsch Fortes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As I understand it, the Fortes were a 3-way in a bass reflex using a passive radiator. This is the wrong forum for this question - try asking in the Loudspeakers forum instead. You may have a problem sourcing the drivers so you're likely to have to go with a different design. Good luck!

Here are the plans the cabinets they are 3/4" thick, you can double this if you want (DIMENSIONS: 35.4" (89.92cm) x 16.5" (41.91cm) x 12" (30.48cm). If you increase the size of the cabinet volume you will have to re tune the system. I fully expect that better results can be achieved with a sealed enclosure than a vented one but it will take some work with damping to achieve this. I would also recommend you include substantial brace work as the factory cabinet is simply a hollow box. You might also want to consider adjusting the cabinet proportions so that the mid horn can be centred upon your seated ear height. Any additional cabinet volume will only help with a sealed response which rolls of at half the rate of a vented one. Hope this helps. Best regards Moray James.

SPECIFICATIONS

BUILT FROM: 1985
BUILT UNTIL: 1989
CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: HF 6,000 Hz<br>LF 700 Hz
DIMENSIONS: 35.4" (89.92cm) x 16.5" (41.91cm) x 12" (30.48cm)
ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: Medium density fiberboard construction (MDF)
ENCLOSURE TYPE: Bass reflex via passive radiator
FINISHES: Walnut Oil, Walnut Lacquer, Oak Oil, Oak Lacquer, Finished Black
FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 32Hz-20kHz(+-)3dB
HIGH FREQUENCY HORN: 90(o)x40(o) Exponential Horn
MID FREQUENCY HORN: 90(o)x40(o) Exponential Horn
MIDRANGE: K-53-K 1.5" (3.81cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 Ohms
POWER HANDLING: 100 watts maximum continuous (500 watts peak)
SENSITIVITY: 98dB @ 1watt/1meter
TWEETER: K-75-K 1" (2.54cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver
WEIGHT: 56 lbs. (25.4kg)
WOOFER: K-23 12" (30.48cm) Fiber-composite cone active / KD-13 12" (30.48cm) Fiber-composite cone passive

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.