WTB 8 feet of Belden 1583A or 1585A CAT5 wire - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th February 2013, 04:32 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default WTB 8 feet of Belden 1583A or 1585A CAT5 wire

Hi
Looking to purchase an 8 foot length of Belden 24AWG CAT5 wire for my Sachiko speaker project. If you have an offcut or are willing to sell an 8' length I would be grateful. Most commercial sources only offer 250ft+ and Markertek wants silly money for shipping such a small amount.

I can send you payment via Paypal or check. Just let me know total including USPS Priority Mail shipping to 75061.

Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 04:44 PM   #2
chrisb is online now chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorradoBrit View Post
Hi
Looking to purchase an 8 foot length of Belden 24AWG CAT5 wire for my Sachiko speaker project. If you have an offcut or are willing to sell an 8' length I would be grateful. Most commercial sources only offer 250ft+ and Markertek wants silly money for shipping such a small amount.

I can send you payment via Paypal or check. Just let me know total including USPS Priority Mail shipping to 75061.

Thanks

Does it really need to be the Belden brand? I've bought both full 1000ft boxes and shorter off the roll lengths at my local Home Depot - although granted the Teflon insulated "plenum" grade might be a bit more scarce from such resellers.
Old 4th February 2013, 04:48 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Its really more for piece of mind. I'm planning to install the posts so that the backsides are accessible through the mouth of one of the horn openings. This means that once the box is sealed I'll not be able rewire without changing the post location.

I'd really like to use the cyro treated stuff that Dave uses but the vendor is currently out of stock.

Hide this!Advertise here!