Audio nivarna Super8 - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st February 2013, 10:27 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by col View Post
I had a play around with a pair of Super 8"s I picked up off ebay a while back. There is a few pictures here:

Audio Nirvana Super 8"

They are a good entry level fullrange driver for the price but the mids are hard to tame.
have you damped the stamped basket with anything? playing with other drive units with stamped baskets, it makes a huge difference to the sound.

think i also read somewhere on here, that there's a definite improvement between the cast frame super 8's and the stamped frame ones.
Old 1st February 2013, 02:12 PM   #12
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Ditto encasing the motor in open cell foam or felt and depending on how the motor is attached to the frame, adding a thick bead of epoxy to stabilize this joint/raise its resonance to make it easier to damp, though some folks prefer to fill this area with modeling clay or similar to try and push the resonances lower.

GM
Old 9th February 2013, 01:04 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

your right NO H how stupid of me since I researched and built a set of pipes and only to loose them in a fire, Thanks
Old 10th February 2013, 03:13 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

I measured super 8 a couple of years ago for a customer. Qts came back much higher then declared. Don't remember which exact model it was but it sounded good OB and very muddy in the ported cabinet. Also, not sure if the specs changed over the years.
Distortions and CSD were quite nice for a paper driver. Much better then Fostex IMO.
But I would suggest checking TS on your own.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fr far field.JPG (209.2 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg imp.JPG (205.0 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg distortion.JPG (218.5 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg csd.JPG (207.4 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg dist in arta.JPG (113.9 KB, 53 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!