First DIY Direction/Recommendations / Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am trying to make something that is dog-proof... I am looking for options. The WIBAQ is a good option as well. That said I am looking at a 6-8 week lead time on the Betsy-K IIRC.

Meaning something substantial so it wont topple over. I have a golden retriever with lots of energy. 99% of the time he is great. That 1% of the time could create some problems.

In that case the wall mount cornu horns are golden for your retriever. :) Nothing to knock over and out of reach.

Hanging speakers lower the WAF greatly.

My current plan is to build the WIBAQ, my brother has a pair of Betsy-K.
If I love them great, I will buy a pair of Betsy-K drivers and be done with it. If I have the itch to try something different I will build the SuperPensils.

Thanks for the suggestions, clearly this is a never ending trail to perfection.

I have listened to A12p in thr Superpensil and I was VERY impressed, even do impressed that I bought the A12p drivers. The demo was with low power set tube power. The a12p us truly one of the best FR speakers U heard so far (and I listened to several over the years). It will be a very interesting alternative to your b&ws.

I built a founken with the el70(planet 10) and was a amazed by the sound and founkens look good(not that easy of build) Look over at bob brines he has some cabinet designs for some of the speakers you mentioned I built one for the 8" fostex using mdf and painted it sounds great.

Gorilla glue....be sure to dry fit all panels as this glue becomes quickly tacky and has a really short clamp time.

Any pro wood filler will do. They're available at Home Depot or others. Stay away from Home depot plywood as it's full of voids.

I was going to suggest Metronomes but you're aleady decided...

Just my two cents

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.