Full Range Driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is one of those "somebody threw this out down the street and look what I got for nothing" threads and I am wondering if anyone has ever heard of Morse Electron Co. I got a pair of 10 inch full range drivers in excellent shape out of an old console. They are 8 ohms/3 watts and made in Japan for Morse. I am going to try something with a 2a3 tube amp that puts out around 3 watts and hope for the best. :xeye:

Actually I measured these and, low and behold, the're 8 inchs. My dad has my camera right now fighting a traffic ticket so when I get it back I will post a pic. Since you asked, I had to run out and hook them up. WOW, unbelievable, a lot better than I would have expected from a raw frame sitting there out of a box. I actually heard bass out of these things. This is looking really good.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
PassFan said:
hook them up. WOW, unbelievable, a lot better than I would have expected from a raw frame sitting there out of a box. I actually heard bass out of these things. This is looking really good.

The ones i have look to be good for OB, which explains the bass. A good trick to know for evaluating a driver with no box is to hold the driver basket edge on close to your ear.

dave

Reactions: 1 user
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.