Alpair 7 Maop

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any updates?

Yes. The MAOP7's are safely back at Chrisb's house, unscathed.:D

I'm basing my comments on the fact that I'm used to A12p Super Pencils, which have a nice big warm sound, with a gently rolled off treble.

I really don't have anything negative to say about the MAOP7's. They definitely have a brighter treble presentation than I'm used to, even more so than the older A7's that I have in Bamboo MarKen boxes, but they're not harsh or annoying unless it's in the program material. The detail from these drivers can be shocking at times. There are things that I've never heard before, on records and CD's that I've listened to many times over, with several different speaker/amp/cartridge combinations. Vocalists sucking in air right before they sing, people whistling in the background, tambourines way back in the mix, it's all there plain as day. They also seem to be able to do all this while not accentuating surface noise while playing records, which is a bonus.

jeff

Hi Jeff,
How the sound of Maop7 to compare with alpair 12p?
Thanks

not that it's of any use, but think South African Chenin Blanc ( MAOP7 - sparkling, clear and vividly detailed ) vs Argentinian high altitude Malbec or Cab/Shiraz blend ( A12P - warm, even berry/fruity with a hint of chocolate *;)) -

Sorry, I just returned last weekend from an 11 day south Caribbean cruise, which of course includes ample opportunity to sample a wide variety of "consumables"

*Honestly who amount us hasn't read the fine print on wine labels and felt a bit intimidated by our inability to parse out the numerous layers of tastes? Rather like my audio gear - I don't want to analyze it to death - I just wanna enjoy the damned stuff :D

Actually, that's not a bad analogy.:) Makes me want to have a glass of something later.

jeff

like that takes much convincing -;)

then there's the Vodka & Martini "flights" - most of the latter for my taste where far too fruity/sugary - but certainly appeal to some - when in the mood for straight spirits just give me 4 fingers of cheap Polish potato vodka (Luskowa for example) neat, thanks very much - forget about the syrups

remember, it's always 5PM somewhere (and on a cruise ship happy hour starts just after your mid afternoon nap)

There's definitely something about (all of the) potato vodkas that makes them "better" than any of the grains regardless of price.

Can't say that I've sampled more than three or four potato vodkas, but they're all relatively cheap and the taste results comfirmed by different folks on different occasions.

like that takes much convincing -;)

then there's the Vodka & Martini "flights" - most of the latter for my taste where far too fruity/sugary - but certainly appeal to some - when in the mood for straight spirits just give me 4 fingers of cheap Polish potato vodka (Luskowa for example) neat, thanks very much - forget about the syrups

remember, it's always 5PM somewhere (and on a cruise ship happy hour starts just after your mid afternoon nap)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.