Hello please bare with I'm new to this.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cool sorry I got off on subject that last post.Just wanted to give some kind of background on what I have had and done so people would know a little more. Im looking Onkyo A 9050 with wolfson DAC. Form what I have read Wolfson is audiophile. Hope I can get one 450 is not bad. This receiver heats up fast even though it is out in the open.RX-V467 Yamy

Hate to be a kit guy but that's a good place to start and better than CV maybe. I looked at power amps. Going with topping for the frs but not very many for 75 to 150 watts in my budget range which as been bumped up to 3000 to 3500 over a 3 year period of time because of the remodeling I'm doing.

That will meet my budget. 2.1 for computer with FRs and a small sub and 2.1 with the large speakers and a bigger sub plus new amp for theater. 2.1 is all I'll need with speakers like that I'm sure. Lol. Thank you so much tuxedocivic. Deeply appreciate it. Thank you all.

I'm going to stick with what I have and go with FRs and make them work. I'm going to buy the saws to help work on the house anyway. Buy a good cheap table saw too. I have been doing computers for years now. Custom water cooling systems that included processor and video cards. If you get that wrong and have leaks well you burn down your house. You build and get a bad sounding speaker the worst is you rebuild cabinet crossover whatever. Tedious trying to cut tubing straight and get clamps right. Can be a real pain. Plus if video card quits working warranty is voided because you took the heat sink off the card. So want to have something to do a little since I'm sure I'll have a lot of time on my hands. Just getting tired of the computer hobby. Spent 2500 on the one I got now. One more to replace this one and that's it. Simple IXT I think this time. To much hassle any more. Haswell last one.

I have got to say something then I'll probably make a lot of people mad but here it goes. If you have a speaker that as a flat response and you love the way it sounds in place its in. Then poof your wife comes in and buys a new couch new drapes and changes everything. That is going to effect the way said speaker sounds. If you have an L-pad on the tweeter and a L-pad on the mid-range you can adjust for that. If you don't then you can't because when you add drapes and you add a couch or change the carpet material you change the sound of said speaker aka frequencies. So you go on a computer and get in your program and build your "perfect crossover". Would it not be simpler just use a good crossover and compensate for room nuances the way I said since they are going to change anyway as soon as you change your room or buy an EQ. If you don't want to pad. No matter what speaker you have your design is going to sound different in my house with said speaker and crossover than in my house.

Last edited:
I read reviews in magazines but those reviews were done in a controlled environment. I would tell my uncle about this 4000 dollar speaker compared to that 5000 dollar speaker. He would say "Ya but what is going to sound like when you get home." I have heard countless times people say man my new speakers don't sound good in the house since we added that wall. Will let me try them at mine. They sound great at mine. How much you want for them. Oh I paid 600. Ok done they sell them and go buy some different ones. Everybody is happy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.