Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th January 2013, 02:57 AM   #51
diyAudio Member

You're Texan and like it loud. Hmm,,, you're going to want a 2-way. A single driver will get by, but not nicely. There's a lot going for one ways. But dynamics is not one of them.

Good choice using 2 subs. More is better to smooth the boomy ness
Old 24th January 2013, 03:44 AM   #52
jparker is offline jparker  United States
diyAudio Member

Yes that's true. I didn't buy this receiver I have. I traded for with computer parts and it was still in the box. So I may have to break down and get a 600 NAD amp and build 4 speakers using Beyma woofer and tweeters. Use their crossovers. They make one that has different cut offs at usa speaker site. Then build FR like you said for the computer and a small quailty amp like the 50 Topping I saw on Cructchfield 300. I don't want to buy Klipsch because I feel like if the drivers are going to be made in china anyway might as will stick with CV. I don't believe in buying made in china for 400 dollars a speaker when CVs are made in the same place for less. I have read Beyma is made in Spain. I could get just a power amp and use the sound card in my computer to connect. Processors built in and better than my receiver night to day.
Old 24th January 2013, 04:08 AM   #53
diyAudio Member

I could run I split adapter at the head phone jack for now and run the Topping off one side and the NAD off the other. Already have 1/4 inch inch headphone going into RCA plugs. Get the Topping and bulid bass reflex or some other good sounding FRs that don't take up too much room. Then build the sub or subs for the theater and then build the 4 Beymas. 4 because with those speakers I can almost put a projector in the yard and the whole neighborhood can watch like drive-in-theater lol.
Old 24th January 2013, 04:11 AM   #54
diyAudio Member

Have my cake and eat too.
Old 24th January 2013, 04:19 AM   #55
diyAudio Member

I hear good things about beyma. If you are on a budget, might want to check out the econowaves.
Old 24th January 2013, 04:31 AM   #56
diyAudio Member

Ya NAD I want cost 600 I think on Crutchfield. I feel like if I use Beyma crossovers with their drivers I should be ok. They make one that has different slops. DrDyna gave me a link that pretty much said use crossover from same company. I don't want a kit really. Like I said I don't want made in china if I can help it. Not trying hurt feelings but everything is made there. Like to have something that is not.

Last edited by jparker; 24th January 2013 at 04:34 AM.
Old 24th January 2013, 05:05 AM   #57
diyAudio Member

Onkyo A9050 has built in DAC is better buy so I'll get that and sell or see if my friend will trade for labor and get rid of the receiver after I get income tax. Come on w-2 I'm getting antsy.
Old 24th January 2013, 10:00 AM   #58
diyAudio Member

I remember my old Yamaha and it was built different than this one. More head room and bigger transformer. I used to get Stereo Review and Hi Fidelity magazines and read them. There was a doctor in Stereo Review,I forget his name,he did a comparison of speakers in different price ranges and showed the graphs and everything. I took that mag. and went and auditioned speakers. I bought the Machs. Ones or twos I can't remember. Oh man I wish I could hear AC/DC just one more time through them. Might bring a tear to my eyes. Bringing back memories of a innocent time. I think if I could I would pay 3000 dollars again just to get back that feeling. I got married and lost it all in a pawn shop to buy groceries for my family. I also lost a Selmar Mark 7 tenor sax. That same sax cost 10 grand now. Played through high school and little in a band. Man then had to get divorced and it was all for nothing. I wish........
Old 24th January 2013, 10:26 AM   #59
diyAudio Member

The Ghost of Tom Joad Bruce Springsteen
Old 24th January 2013, 01:31 PM   #60
diyAudio Member

Pick one of the eminence kits, they're make in the USA. Only thing made in China in these kits is the compression drivers. Everything else is USA.

Waveguide Speaker kits DIY Sound Group

And the cross overs are specifically designed for Home Theatre use. I'd recommend the Fusion Pure for a high end sound at an excellent price.

Hide this!Advertise here!