Tang band W4-1337 single driver options

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks,

I'm planning a Pass F1 amp which works particularly well with single drivers. I happen to have some tang band W4-1337 drivers lying around and thought I would ping you all for suggestions on how I might use them. I'm thinking a small ported enclosure like the lineup F4 or the 3CR but was thinking maybe a frugal horn-ish kind of execution might work well too.

Thoughts?

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
A wall hanging Cornu would work real well with the 1337. I have been eyeing this driver as particularly well suited. 28 in square x 5 in deep. :D

If you wanted to keep it simple and reach some low notes, a mltl like Tabaq would be good too.

If big bold thumping bass is what you crave, a BIB.

Last edited:
I'm using a FirstWatt F1 to power TB bamboo 4" (W4-18xx's I believe) in Bjorn's folded TABAQ and the combination is incredible....very dynamic, unbelievable bass for the size and overall tonal quality that had me hearing nuance in grinding electric guitar passages that I've never heard before. The speaker/amp pairing is one of the best matches around and I highly recommend them together.
Mario

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Bjohanessen's TABAQ works really well with several different drivers in the 3 to 4 in range. They just need a moderately large Qts to get the tuning freq down to 55 Hz despite the driver freq being much higher. I happen to have one of his sims with actual TB W4-1320 parameters attached below. If your amp has tone controls, try reducing treble and boosting bass, may work similar to bsc.

Attachments

• tabaq with tang band 4.pdf
    42.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.