TL-box for BG20 Visaton - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st January 2013, 12:18 PM   #41
Gost22 is offline Gost22  Bolivia
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrk971 View Post
That was awfully nice of you to run a sim of the hand sketched box for the OP. The design looks really good. I don't know if Gost22 realizes how much we are going out of our way to provide suggestions and actual dimensions because it looks like he may just go with another design or driver.
Mr. krk971, please define exactly which picture (drawing) referred to in this box your exposure panekako all understand that, since I was little English.
thanks for your help!
Old 21st January 2013, 01:18 PM   #42
xrk971 is online now xrk971  United States
diyAudio Member

Gost22,

The drawing you provided on post number 12, has corresponding dimensions on post number 14 by Scottmoose. Those two posts contain all the info in dimensions needed to construct the horn/transmission line you seek including full simulations of the response.

In this thread are also several other designs with dimensions (a BIB from myself, and one by GM)f if you take the time to read.
Old 21st January 2013, 11:57 PM   #43
Banned

Default Cabinet for BG-20

Hi xrk971!
Is it should look like this box with these dimensions or something needs to change?
What is the value of X and Y?
Or box should look like the second picture (Figure 1)

thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TQWT Cabinet for BG-20 (in inch).pdf (49.0 KB, 98 views)

Last edited by Gost22; 22nd January 2013 at 12:26 AM.
Old 22nd January 2013, 12:29 AM   #44
Banned

See Figure 1
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Horn for BG20 (in inch).pdf (49.9 KB, 88 views)
Old 22nd January 2013, 11:32 AM   #45
diyAudio Member

Gost22,
I will try to assist you one last time. Like I said, all the information you need is in post 14 and it refers to the hand drawn sketch you posted in post number 12. The pdf's you attached can't be opened - all I see is black. It doesn't matter we are talking about picture you provided. I guess you want a drawing labeled with dimensions as you cannot transcribe the words in post 14 to the corresponding dimension in post 12.

Here is what Scottmoose provided in post 14:
" -Cabinet height = 40.25in -Width = 12in -Total internal cabinet depth = 19.5in -Throat depth = 4in -Taper ratio = 1:4 -Height of vent = 2.75in -Zd (distance of the centre of the drive unit from the throat) 31.125in -Top of internal baffle centred equidistant from the internal top, back and front -Line the front and top of the box around the fold with damping material. This should be continued for 10in down the back of the enclosure. Adjust to requirements from there. A removable back to the cabinet would be useful to allow easy stuffing adjustment."

Translated to easy dimensions: x, y, z coordinates with x for horizontal dimension, y for vertical dimension, and z into the page dimension (width of cabinet viewed from front).

1. Make cabinet 40.125 inches tall in y dimension (height)
2. Make cabinet 12.0 inches in z dimension (width)
3. Make cabinet 19.5 inches in x dimension (depth)
4. Make the vent gap at bottom (terminus or horn output) 2.75 in in the y direction
5. Make the vent length in the x direction 4.0 inches
6. Make the internal divider panel equidistant from the front, back, and top, meaning locate it 9.75 in from the front in x direction, 9.75 in from top in y direction, and 9.75 in from back in the x direction.
7. Attach the bottom of the internal divider to the end of the 4 in long vent piece at the bottom.
8. Make a round hole or cut out for the BG20 driver at a location 31.25 inches in the y direction from the top edge of the vent.

Those are all the dimensions you need. I saw you asked someone in the photo gallery what the dimensions of their BG20 cabinet was. I would not be surprised if it was very similar to this.

We are all trying to help you, and spending a lot of time at it too. Please try to read this carefully and make an effort to write the above dimensions down next to your picture (provided sketch below). If you continue to ask for assistance but do not make an effort to use or understand what is provided to you, it is a waste of everyone's time.

Regards,
xrk971
Attached Images
File Type: png BG20-Weems-Horn.png (54.1 KB, 335 views)

Last edited by xrk971; 22nd January 2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 22nd January 2013, 12:12 PM   #46
Banned

Thank you all for your cooperation, and mostly to Mr.xrk971!
Cheers!
Old 23rd January 2013, 06:47 AM   #47
Banned

Default Heppy End!!

Hi,
Definitely happy end. The following procedure for making boxes and making the cross-over to align the frequency response.
See ultimate drawing boxes.
Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TQWT box for BG-20 (for in).pdf (47.8 KB, 108 views)
Old 23rd January 2013, 07:40 AM   #48
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gost22 View Post
Hi,
Definitely happy end. The following procedure for making boxes and making the cross-over to align the frequency response.
See ultimate drawing boxes.
Cheers!
Gost,
The drawing looks good. I hope you build it - we are looking forward to the photos and first impressions of sound.
Good luck!
Old 24th January 2013, 12:35 AM   #49
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Interesting! This cab has less net Vb, but a larger footprint due to being shorter than my 60" MLTL, so mine has a marginally better LF response, yet in theory the Voigt pipe doesn't have as good an HF response, hence transient response due to being an expanding MLTL with a larger, longer vent.

Once again proving that in the majority of cases a simple MLTL is the best overall alignment.

Both sims are stuffed identically and latest revised driver specs used.

Voight pipe on the left:

GM
Attached Images
File Type: gif Bg20 Voigt pipe [Gost22].gif (6.7 KB, 297 views)
File Type: gif Visaton BG20 35 Hz MLTL [pipe horn damping].gif (6.7 KB, 290 views)
Old 24th January 2013, 06:48 AM   #50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM View Post
Interesting! This cab has less net Vb, but a larger footprint due to being shorter than my 60" MLTL, so mine has a marginally better LF response, yet in theory the Voigt pipe doesn't have as good an HF response, hence transient response due to being an expanding MLTL with a larger, longer vent.

Once again proving that in the majority of cases a simple MLTL is the best overall alignment.

Both sims are stuffed identically and latest revised driver specs used.

Voight pipe on the left:

GM
Hi GM!
G-GM does not suggest what the two of you and get you listed (I understand) ML TL or TQWT box?
thank you!

Hide this!Advertise here!