TL-box for BG20 Visaton - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th January 2013, 07:05 PM   #31
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gost22 View Post
What about it? I don't understand why you have provided a link to a German forum and told us to look at it?

Last edited by Scottmoose; 19th January 2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 19th January 2013, 07:14 PM   #32
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmoose View Post
No worries Greg. Sorry I haven't been in touch myself for a couple of weeks.

Weird you've had no thread updates. Might be a server glitch somewhere.
No problemo, life is pretty hectic for most folks these days. Mine is worse than ever! At least when I had a career I could afford to pay others to do what all is eating up my quality retirement time/$$$.

Just got one from this thread. Based on what I've learned yesterday, it was a yahoo mail 'thing' and possibly hacked account, so had to re-do it a bit by deleting some website's ability to email me along with a new PW.

I'm pretty sure yahoo and/or 'customer no service' AT&T in general has been responsible for my long time spotty thread emails from some forums, but not others, so the problem may not go away completely.

GM
Old 19th January 2013, 07:23 PM   #33
GM is offline GM  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Now that's a good idea. Perhaps we can come up with something. There's got to be some kind of easy way of doing it & it would certainly save a whole lot of time. Talk about it in my next email?
I had accumulated several drawing programs plus the one MJK uses in MathCad and each one proved to be too time consuming to learn for how little I would use it, so mentioned it to Dave many moons ago, but I gathered he stayed busier than a one arm paper hanger, so didn't pursue it.

By now, seems like he would have done all, or near all, the variations, so it would be just a matter of copy/pasting them into one doc and changing all the dims to letters; ditto a 'notes' sheet. Or am I being too ignorant/naive?

GM
Old 19th January 2013, 08:35 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

Sounds favourite to me at least. Yeah, I know what you mean. I've got half a dozen CAD programmes here, & never had time to learn how to use them. You'd think there would be a market for something simpler for when you don't need to come up with a scale schematic for a 426 Max Wedge or similar, or spend a week ploughing through a 600 page manual, but I guess that'd be too obvious / simple to occur to the big software players.

Last edited by Scottmoose; 19th January 2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old 20th January 2013, 09:13 AM   #35
Gost22 is offline Gost22  Bolivia
Banned

Hi all!
Hi, xrk971! Hi, Scottmoose! etc,...
I very Heppy- The End with "Heppy End"!!, see TQWT-cabinet for speaker Visaton BG-20!!!!
Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TQWT Cabinet for BG-20.pdf (82.5 KB, 131 views)

Last edited by Gost22; 20th January 2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old 20th January 2013, 10:21 AM   #36
xrk971 is offline xrk971  United States
diyAudio Member

I'll believe it is the 'end' when I see it built
Old 20th January 2013, 12:29 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

Likewise.

I almost don't like to tell him that, going by the driver specs. on the Visaton site at any rate, this is a lame box design. I stuck it through Martin's worksheets to confirm; LF output is heavily damped; not necessarily a bad thing, but one wonders exactly why they used an ML conical horn in this case when a simple untapered stuffed TL like the one I did above (I forgot about that one too) would give almost exactly the same results with a much simpler box. Oh well.

Last edited by Scottmoose; 20th January 2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 20th January 2013, 07:58 PM   #38
xrk971 is offline xrk971  United States
diyAudio Member

Scottmoose,
Yes, it is remarkable how well a straight (or folded) but stuffed mass loaded TL box can work. They tend to sound very balanced and are as easy as a BR to build. You actually took the time to sim that ML horn in MJK? If you are free I have some designs that could use the old MJk turn the crank...
Old 21st January 2013, 05:47 AM   #39
Gost22 is offline Gost22  Bolivia
Banned

Quote:
Likewise.

I almost don't like to tell him that, going by the driver specs. on the Visaton site at any rate, this is a lame box design. I stuck it through Martin's worksheets to confirm; LF output is heavily damped; not necessarily a bad thing, but one wonders exactly why they used an ML conical horn in this case when a simple untapered stuffed TL like the one I did above (I forgot about that one too) would give almost exactly the same results with a much simpler box. Oh well.
Hi Scottmoose!
I agree with you ... give this show a simple box with BG-20 Visaton.
thank you!
Old 21st January 2013, 09:01 AM   #40
diyAudio Member

I have given you two different box designs with all of the dimensions necessary to build them.

GM has given you a box design with all of the dimensions necessary to build it.

Hide this!Advertise here!