TL-box for BG20 Visaton

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Alright!

I had a very quick listening test and they sounded more than just good. Just how good is hard to say yet, but definitely very promising. :D

Big thanks to everyone!

I will be listening more when I have a chance and at the same time I will plan the painting process.

Attachments

• 20161106_181207.jpg
    20161106_181207.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 690
Unfortunately at the moment I don't live at the same address with the speakers so I can't comment more about the sound. I have only had short listening sessions with them.

I have seen people speaking about BSC and after reading it looks like equalization of high frequencies. I have miniDSP and also plan to use Equalizer APO, so for now I think BSC circuits shall wait. Also I don't feel like my total system is lacking any bass. :D

I had the drivers playing in OB setting for about a year (time it took me to build new cabinets :eek:), so I don't expect any sound changes anymore. Just for the record I liked the sound of OBs a lot, even though there was no bass to speak of.

Attachments

• 20161119_210754.jpg
    20161119_210754.jpg
    699.2 KB · Views: 533
  • 20160816_200119.jpg
    20160816_200119.jpg
    620.7 KB · Views: 527
That's a huge subwoofer.
I imagine that the highs are a little bit more problematic than the lows with those mltl's.
Did you consider to add those tweeters that you used before to your mltl's?
I liked simple piezo tweeters with a series cap (i think it was 1uF if i remember correctly) connected to my BG20's.
Monacor sells good ones that are quite the same as the classic motorola tweeters afaik.
It's worth a try imo, because the cost only 5€ or maybe 7€.

Thanks for the tip on piezos! Prices look quite good, but there doesn't seem to be any graphs on frequency response. :confused: I have to admit I don't know much about piezo tweeters, so this might be a common practice?

Speaker enclosures are still waiting to be smoothed and painted. I think I won't add anything to the speakers (drill more holes), but I definitely will have a listening test with the tweeters I had in OB setup. Tweeters are Monacor HT-22/8. Bought them because price was nice and frequency response plot looked decent for the price (~8€).
Other tweeters I might try if I'm not satisfied with Monacors are:
Seas 19TFF1 (~30€)
Tangband 28-847S (~25€)

In any case tweeter would have own enclosure/baffle, a bit like 'super tweeter' setup. I'm very happy to hear more suggestions and opinions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.