routing wire in BLH designs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm currently building the Dallas III and just realized I have no idea how to route the connection to the speaker... It seems like this would be a common issue for BLH designs as they commonly lack a direct path to the back of the enclosure, but I can't seem to find any information on it...

It seems like the logical options are:

1) route to the side of the enclosure instead of the rear (but I don't like the look of this)

2) route through the passage and somehow caulk/glue along the way to keep from vibrating (would prevent 'rewiring' in the future)

3) slightly chamfer the corner of the pieces that makeup the passage and route 'over' the walls, caulk where wire passes over wall. (would prevent rewiring)

None of these options seem very good to me... What am I missing? This method sure doesn't appeal to me...

Thanks!

-john

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
For the Cornu spiral BLH, we either put a recessed binding post cup directly in the driver chamber, or cut little holes in all the channel walls for a straight path for the wire and seal it with hot melt glue (or caulk if you like). You could route it through the tortuous passage but it would have to be glued down otherwise it could rattle, and it would obstruct the flow over a long distance. Whereas the perpendicular penetrations have a shorter interaction.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.