Alpair 12P MLTL speakers - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th January 2013, 07:06 PM   #1
Toppsy is offline Toppsy  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Alpair 12P MLTL speakers

Here is a photo of my latest full range speaker build. It a pair of MLTL's designed for me by Scottmoose. These are for a friend who lives up in Scotland.

Click the image to open in full size.

At present I have not fired them up as I have to cut the port tubes to length and then start the long slow process of running in the brand new drivers.

The cabinets are made from 18mm BB Ply with the front and rear baffles doubled in thickness to accommodate a 18mm x 18mm vertical rebate for the solid European Oak edge trimmings. The top and bottom are alos solid Oak but 25mm thick. The flat panels are veneered and all has 2-coats of Liberon Finishing Oil.

The full build thread can be found here: A12P MLTL's
Old 10th January 2013, 07:22 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I have a a few questions? How come there is a small port at the top of the back of the speakers? Also why do you have a bigger port on the bottom of the front of tHe cabinet? I was wondering Is the back port to releave back waves from the drivers? Also why is there two sets of binding post when I only see one driver? Very nice looking great job on the cabinet . Also sweet looking speakers in tha back round. C.R.

Last edited by cross reference; 10th January 2013 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10th January 2013, 07:46 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
I have a a few questions? How come there is a small port at the top of the back of the speakers? Also why do you have a bigger port on the bottom of the front of tHe cabinet? I was wondering Is the back port to releave back waves from the drivers? Also why is there two sets of binding post when I only see one driver? Very nice looking great job on the cabinet . Also sweet looking speakers in tha back round. C.R.
Answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppsy View Post
EDIT. Should anyone be wondering what the upper pair of binding posts and dial knob are for, well these are a adjustable L-Pad and output terminals for a supertweeter. In this case a pair the excellent Fostex T90A.
Very nice looking speakers Colin.

jeff
Old 10th January 2013, 08:08 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Sorry about that? My computer does not enlarge the picture big enough for me to see that detail? Now that you said something I can see it now. Thanks C.R.
Old 11th January 2013, 12:49 AM   #5
toobhed is offline toobhed  United States
diyAudio Member

A fetching pair to be sure, Toppsy!

Hide this!Advertise here!