Foster 16F3 cabinet advice needed!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi DIYers,

I've just bought a pair of like new Foster 16F3 drivers and been trying to find out a suitabe cabinet plan for them, but I couldn't. There's no information related to this driver.

I am wondering if I could use Fostex FE167E recommended cabinet plan for my Foster 16F3. Is it possible?

If you guys have experiences with cabinet for Foster 16F3, please share or give me an advice.

Thanks in advance.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Can you post pictures, i've never seen one of these. To do a proper cabinet you need to know about these specific drivers. But if you had a guess what modern driver was closest FE167 would be it. If you go with a box where the box dominates, like a TL kinda boz you will likely have more latitude for differences.

dave

Can you post pictures, i've never seen one of these. To do a proper cabinet you need to know about these specific drivers. But if you had a guess what modern driver was closest FE167 would be it. If you go with a box where the box dominates, like a TL kinda boz you will likely have more latitude for differences.

dave

Thanks Dave for your reply.

Following are pictures of the drivers:

8355099866_1bf79765ae.jpg

8355101040_090e371771.jpg

These are fullrange drivers with diameter of 16cm (~ 6.5in), that's why I think about Fostex FE167E cabinet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.