Full range speaker 5" Mistuba

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all!
Hi xrk971!
I have a pair full range speakers Mistuba MTB-1620 with these features I want for them, I create (design) the TL-box.
So I need help with TL-box design?
Here Loudspeaker--->
Thank you for your cooperation!

Attachments

• MTB-1620 (Qts).bmp
    37.6 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The driver has a pretty high Qts and an Sd was not specified but assuming the dia given is for effective piston dia, the Sd is about 100 cm^2. That's a pretty big driver and would probably work well in a several designs. Check out the TABAQ thread, there may be a Tabaq design for a 5 inch driver that is close. You can also try this in a BIB - there is a BIB calculator buried somewhere around post 5017 in the BIB thread that I recommend as probably the first concept to try as it is fairly forgiving with variety of drivers, You need to plug in Fs, Vas, and Qts I think and it gives you dimensions for all pieces.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/66173-terry-cains-bib-why-does-work-does-anyone-have-those-fostex-craft-handbooks-509.html
Do you have a photo of the driver? Note that for Tabaq, a simulation may be needed to confirm box dimensions, but if you ask nicely, Bjohanessen has always been very gracious with his time and will run sims for your driver - he has done it for me. :) (Thanks, Bjohanessen!)
Good luck.
Xrk971

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.