Aura Sound NS3 Test Results

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Some of you guys may have already seen this on tech-talk but for those who haven't and may be interested in the results, here you go...

Aura Sound NS3-193-8A1 | Medley's Musings

For $12, I'm not sure this can be beat. Though, the really low sensitivity may be a serious issue to some.

Highlights:
  • 3.5mm linear xmax (bl limited)
  • nearly ruler flat response from 200-5khz. notch out the peak at 6.5khz and you're flat to 10khz

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

For $12, I'm not sure this can be beat. Though, the really low sensitivity may be a serious issue to some.

The Vifa TC9FD18-08 3.5" might beat it....
Look it up at Zaph: Zaph|Audio

The Madisound Speaker Store $ 11,75 :rolleyes:

I do realise you play it a bit louder than him for the distortion test though... It would be fun to know.

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The Vifa TC9FD18-08 3.5" might beat it....
Look it up at Zaph: Zaph|Audio

The Madisound Speaker Store $ 11,75 :rolleyes:

I do realise you play it a bit louder than him for the distortion test though... It would be fun to know.

The Vifa is one of my favorites and truly, it is tough to beat for the price, and I was thinking the same thing... To be fair, the NS3 has a lower fs and a huge excursion in comparison. Some folks like to see their drivers turn inside out on a kick drum :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.