Worlds strangest speaker (Honestly it's a blender!)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
so I was screwing around with stuff and I hooked up a blender to my 400 watt amplifier.
And what do you know? IT PLAYS MUSIC!
Not very loudly or clearly...
but you can totally make out what the song is!
and the blender will even spin sometimes when the low bass notes hit!
It's totally hilarious when i have friends over they try to figure out where the music is coming from lol haha
I usually have the amplifier at really low gain though because the blender has a high impedence (it hovers around 9-13 ohms)

Ever heard of a blender playing music?? Well now you have!

Last edited:
realflow100 aka The Mad Proff...
Can get a fair bit of sub with a belt sander bungee strapped to a sheet of ply.. Things will go bang along the way that is ok as it only goes to prove the theory and is a fun way to learn .. Keep it up you remind me of someone i know LOL

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
This is a perfect case of where a sound clip would be worth a thousand words. I guess anything that has a mechanical output vs electrical input can be thought of as being a potential audio transducer. So anything with motor like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, garbage disposal in sink, hedge trimmer, power drill motor, table saw, jigsaw, router, etc....
:)

Last edited:
This is a perfect case of where a sound clip would be worth a thousand words. I guess anything that has a mechanical output vs electrical input can be thought of as being a potential audio transducer. So anything with motor like ...garbage disposal in sink....
:)

and add to that a clip of someone saying "help in stuck in the sink!" and you have makings of a great practical joke (providing their not dumb enough to stick their arm in to save you).

I messed around with many various speakers yesterday.
I found out that hooking a cell phone speaker to a 400 watt amplifier sounds REALLY GOOD
if you play it with the gain at minimum and the volume set on computer to 50%
it sounds way better than it should! And I put it in a piece of paper wrapped into a cone shape and taped...
then I put the little speaker at the end of the cone and it makes it even louder and more clear sounding! So it's sort of like a pinhole speaker? Right?
so I decided to put a 4.7uF capacitor up to it and use it as a tweeter! :p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.