500uF 100V Capacitor for Aurasound NS3 cube. Any other source besides Parts-Express?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've taken the next week off to make my parents a set of the Aurasound NS3 cube speakers.

q4mjg.png

I was told it needs a 500uF 100V Electrolytic Non-Polarized Capacitor which it seems like only Part-Express carries Link

How would I go about finding an alternative? Is a non-polarized capacitor necessary in this situation?

Thanks for the help,
Alfa

Are the NS3's so precious that you don't want to risk damaging them? I use them without any components, and they will distort very badly before there is enough power to damage them.

I've never built these speakers before but a friend told me he prefers how they sound with that capacitor. From some quick research it looks like the capacitor acts as a High Pass Filter which I'm guessing makes it sound less scratchy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.