An in-wall FAST that really rocks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A pair of the Tang Band buyouts from Parts Express landed in my possession and I needed something to get by until I could do my permanent in-wall build. So I used a pair of Silver Flute W20 I had on the shelf and made this FAST.

8E5E83C1-BE56-4FB0-B086-FB351E6CDA50-3245-000004692C25B0CB.jpg

96E20880-0666-45DE-8FBE-68905C44D982-3245-0000046930537E84.jpg

Waayyy better than expected. The tang band sounds really good for $9.99. Measures really well to. Bass from the silver flutes doesn't blow me away, but enough to rattle my chest without my sub on.

There was a big efficiency difference so I used a minidsp to do the cross over. Right around 300hz. Tang band doesnt stress at all and the 8" silver flute can take a lot of abuse.

:D

It's a SEOS12 with the DNA-350. It severely needs subwoofer support, but that is a given in Ht anyways. I have an acoustically transparent screen over them.

The FAST is really fun though. Was so easy to make though. I might add another silver flute for an MTM and then linkwitz transform it to make deeper bass. Then it may actually be a pretty top tier stereo setup. Even as is I'm loving music on it.

Very nice. I am looking forward to my own FASTing this winter when I get those EL166ens back from Dave (no pressure!!!). Dave posted a picture of a miniOnken with a pair of sliver flutes and fullfrsnge in MTM that looked really nice. Those 6-8" silver flutes look like pretty promising alternatives to the EL166, do you have any comparative impressions of them?

Kyle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.