Ever think of building a Cornu Spiral horn? Now you can!

Hi guys
Here are my latest Cornu's- 22" with 24" face with W4 bamboo drivers. Hope you like them. They're sounding great even though the drivers only have about 80hrs on them.

cheers- prez

Attachments

• Bill's speakers 1.jpg
    Bill's speakers 1.jpg
    451.6 KB · Views: 670
  • Bill's speakers 2.jpg
    Bill's speakers 2.jpg
    570.8 KB · Views: 672
Hi X- Thanks for the kind words. The artwork is a piece I did a few years ago recycled for this project.
I'm still breaking in the speakers but they sound quite nice. I'm using an unfinished Peter Daniels kit for the amp so have 2 unknowns going at once. At this stage they seem in between the 14" and 18" ones with the smaller being the fuller sound and the 18's being a bit thin. I have just put some new W3 bamboo's in the 18 inchers and they seem a little fuller with better bass. I don't think my poor old ears are so good to really be able to judge the subtle differences.

cheers- prez

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
But if you are powering your class D tpa3130 amp with say 12 volts, are you using batteries for that or wall wart? If you have 12v or 9v up to 35 v the 7805 is a $0.89 ic that will drop the voltage to 4.98 volts spot on. The BT uses very little amps so you won't have much heat from regulator. Easy peasy. 7805 has input output and ground. Can't be easier and never worry about batteries.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
7805 is a to220 IC with 3 pins. I would wire it with flying leads from common 12 volt positive of power supply (find a tap point on amp board) and its output gives you 5 v from the 12 volt. If you use 7805 no batteries. If you use batteries no 7805 needed. Just cut the USB jack off and locate the ground and 5v supply wire and connect that to 7805 output.