Ever think of building a Cornu Spiral horn? Now you can!

Just got back from vacation and looking at what is on the shelf - I have a pair of tang band W4-657SB aluminum drivers available. From what I can dig up on specs they have SD of 0.0057m^2 - so this evening I may try to work out what geometry for the spirals would be appropriate. Looks like the driver is about 3" deep.

My alternative would be to pull some Radio Shack 40-1197's (Fostex FE103 wannabe's) out of an old pair of BD-pipes I built many years ago.

But first - off to the dollar store to pick up the foamcore.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Those work too. One is for a more curved smoother channel design, other is more like traditional squared corners design. Planet10's pdf is in the Foam Core thread before Cal broke the Cornu off on its own thread - post #230: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/223313-foam-core-board-speaker-enclosures-23.html#post3266494

If Cal can put a link to it at the first post of this thread for easy finding in the future...

I will add it to the first post of the Foam Core thread for easy reference too.

I messed up on my calculations for some new Cornu's :(
The boxes I built for the TB W4's are too small so I need to get some different drivers. Solen has 2 options- TB W3-1364 or SEAS FU10RB H1600-08. Either one would fit - one a little small and one a little large. Here are the specs for them. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• fu10rb08.pdf
    131.1 KB · Views: 141
  • W31364SA.pdf
    327.6 KB · Views: 94