W3-871C - tabaq, needle, other? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th December 2012, 11:50 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default W3-871C - tabaq, needle, other?

I finally got around to finishing a pair of speakers with W3-926SD drivers that I got for something like Ä11. I messed up in the design phase but with help from Bjohannesen they sound passable & I might take them to my office.

Click the image to open in full size.

Then I remembered that I have a pair of W3-871C (very similar to the popular W3-871 but with a fabric dustcap instead of an aluminium phase plug) that I now want to do something with. So I'm looking for advice for a simple, proven design rather than trying to design something myself again & messing up again!

I know of the tabaq & the needle, is there anything else that I should consider? I'm looking for fullrange (the ones I designed above were designed to be used with a sub) & simple construction - I'll have to get the wood cut for me by somebody else & have minimal tools myself (dremel, power drill, clamps, glue).

Hide this!Advertise here!