Speakers enclosure suggestion, before X-mas PLEASE!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone,
I have acquired four Aurasound ns6-225-8a and four T-amps. I plan on using two of the wide range Ns6 in OB and two for the LF range. This two channel budget project will be place in my small apartment living room (10'x11') for music listening. I mostly listened to RnB, indie rock, movies soundtrack, and of course jazz of all type. The Ns6 is a great wide range driver for the price. Best used in OB as suggested by many, but lack the bottom end. So the question is, how low can one ns6 go in a say BHL design or something similar. Can someone here give me some suggestions of which type of enclosure best used for the ns6 for strictly bass reproduction? I am well aware of the ns6 kit that are being offered. Those cab that are being suggested can only go near the mid 40ish HZ, and IMO, a tad too high. Can somewhere the low 30 be achievable with the right box?

I am currently a journeyman carpenter by trade and have access pretty much most cutting tools. I don't mind the cab design to be a bit challenging.
Thks in advance...

This two channel budget project will be place in my small apartment living room (10'x11') for music listening.

A bit small for OB?

Can someone here give me some suggestions of which type of enclosure best used for the ns6 for strictly bass reproduction?

Ported box looks pretty good. An F3 of 35Hz in a 40L box isn't too shabby for a cheap 6" woofer. In a 30L box, F3 is still under 40Hz.

I am well aware of the ns6 kit that are being offered.

Did you notice that there was a tweeter and a crossover in the kit also? Here's a thread with a 2-way build using the NS6's:

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showthread.php?224391-Aura-NS6-255-and-Vifa-BC25SC-TM

jeff

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.