Speakers enclosure suggestion, before X-mas PLEASE!!! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th December 2012, 11:24 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Speakers enclosure suggestion, before X-mas PLEASE!!!

Hello everyone,
I have acquired four Aurasound ns6-225-8a and four T-amps. I plan on using two of the wide range Ns6 in OB and two for the LF range. This two channel budget project will be place in my small apartment living room (10'x11') for music listening. I mostly listened to RnB, indie rock, movies soundtrack, and of course jazz of all type. The Ns6 is a great wide range driver for the price. Best used in OB as suggested by many, but lack the bottom end. So the question is, how low can one ns6 go in a say BHL design or something similar. Can someone here give me some suggestions of which type of enclosure best used for the ns6 for strictly bass reproduction? I am well aware of the ns6 kit that are being offered. Those cab that are being suggested can only go near the mid 40ish HZ, and IMO, a tad too high. Can somewhere the low 30 be achievable with the right box?

I am currently a journeyman carpenter by trade and have access pretty much most cutting tools. I don't mind the cab design to be a bit challenging.
Thks in advance...
Old 11th December 2012, 03:45 AM   #2
DUG is offline DUG  Canada
diyAudio Member

Get WinISD and start playing around with the designs...you will soon see what you need to do to get what you want out of the Ns6's.
Old 11th December 2012, 04:26 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagamotto View Post
This two channel budget project will be place in my small apartment living room (10'x11') for music listening.
A bit small for OB?

Quote:
Can someone here give me some suggestions of which type of enclosure best used for the ns6 for strictly bass reproduction?
Ported box looks pretty good. An F3 of 35Hz in a 40L box isn't too shabby for a cheap 6" woofer. In a 30L box, F3 is still under 40Hz.

Quote:
I am well aware of the ns6 kit that are being offered.
Did you notice that there was a tweeter and a crossover in the kit also? Here's a thread with a 2-way build using the NS6's:

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...Vifa-BC25SC-TM

jeff

Last edited by vinylkid58; 11th December 2012 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Add text.

Hide this!Advertise here!