I Feel Another Pair...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I've gone and ordered 2 matched pairs of EL70eN from Dave.

The idea is that they will be "spares" in case I wear out the existing 4 in my "Castle" microTowers.

However, you all know what's going to happen. The EL70eNs will go in the existing microTowers on day 1, and then I will have 4 stock EL70s sitting in boxes.

I feel another pair of speakers coming on. I have no need for them, but the bug is biting me once again.

In my shoes, which EL70 project would you be looking at, and why?

Maybe a single-driver setup and leave 2 of them in boxes as "spares"....? Frugelhorns....?

These might end up being a gift for my dad some day....

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Do the Cornu. Nothing else like it, high WAF and more bass than you can imagine.

Haven't heard of it, but it sounds interesting.

WAF might end up being a critical factor, as these speakers may end up being a gift for my dad. My mother has historically been extremely critical of the looks of any audio gear in her living room.

They are moving to Kamloops (from Ontario) in the spring. Perhaps I should convince my dad to select a house with a man cave.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I find the highs from an tricked out pair of EL70's a bit recessed in the FH III cabinet so I can only imagine what it would be like in the Cornucopya.

Not sure this is what I would want, to be honest. Dave's comments in the Cornu thread indicate that the bass extension of EL70s in Cornu would be too much, and he recommends CHR-70s instead (as they are hotter and have less bass...)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.