Kofi Annan in: "Kofi's Big Room"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey!

Been a while, but I'm looking for advice.

I got the OK to build some new speaker cabinets for my old Fostex 206e drivers. I currently have them in 208e sigma cabs and they sound great, but I was thinking about a double horn like the Sachiko design.

My room is big-- 22 x 15-- and I have 8 WPC SET 300b mono blocks.

Any cabinet recommendations?

Kofi

I can confirm that everybody who has to date has liked it but (and it's a big one), I'm emphatically not on this forum to try to flog plans, so that's as far as I go on the subject. Kirishima is an update to Sachiko and while it does give ground to Vulcan, it's not a slouch itself as back-horns go & is available for free.

I can't think of any other double-mouth designs for the 206 off-hand. Horst of course has some that use multiple drivers, but they're not much larger than your current boxes.

I can confirm that everybody who has to date has liked it but (and it's a big one), I'm emphatically not on this forum to try to flog plans, so that's as far as I go on the subject. Kirishima is an update to Sachiko and while it does give ground to Vulcan, it's not a slouch itself as back-horns go & is available for free.

I can't think of any other double-mouth designs for the 206 off-hand. Horst of course has some that use multiple drivers, but they're not much larger than your current boxes.

Great! Thanks!

What about the "multiple drivers" designs? You mean drivers in parallel or a crossover? Can you send the link?

Kofi

Hornlautsprecher

if you want to see. there's nothing particularly ground breaking there tho.

I beg to differ, his RDH20 is particularly appealing and features a clever 3D folding method in a not too big and attractive enclosure. And it is interesting to use a bassdriver for the speaker at the back.
I expect to build this one when I am back in Belgium (in a Singaporean apartment it isn't evident to diy speakers!)

Hi Mr Annan

If You want to go for two drivers the RLK horn should work some magic.

h208b-1.jpg

Allthough extremely tiny they dig deep with real power and sensitivity will be decent.

h208c.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.