Looking for decent small speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need some suggestions for 4ohm 2W speakers.

They are going in this:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

They will be powered by a usb powered amp, probably the sure electronics 2x2w class d amp unless anyone has a better suggestion. I would like to not exceed 40mm in external size unless the dimensions are something like 40mm x 80mm.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I would say : make a division between audio and data.
I would say: 5V is good for making a relay work ! ( and for logic, of course !)
By putting little drivers powered by little amplifier, you're going to get little music!
Or is that what you want to get ? To limit something ? :)
Ok, it's just for monitoring. So, if you look at some web-store such as Parts-Express,
the littlest device would still be a 2" ( 50 mm)...maybe there's a funny 1" made by Tang Band.
But P-E doesn't carry brands such Visaton and Monacor ( which also re-brands some TB models) , that make some nice sounding 2" .

I would say : make a division between audio and data.
I would say: 5V is good for making a relay work ! ( and for logic, of course !)
By putting little drivers powered by little amplifier, you're going to get little music!
Or is that what you want to get ? To limit something ? :)
Ok, it's just for monitoring. So, if you look at some web-store such as Parts-Express,
the littlest device would still be a 2" ( 50 mm)...maybe there's a funny 1" made by Tang Band.
But P-E doesn't carry brands such Visaton and Monacor ( which also re-brands some TB models) , that make some nice sounding 2" .

Thank you. These speakers are going inside the pelican case pictured above. It has been converted into a tough semi-portable Xbox. The speakers will be used for gaming/movies when headphones are not the beat solution, I.e. multiple players/watchers. I do not expect to get extraordinary sound but looking for something that will sound decent.

So I should look at Tang Band?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.