The Supernova! (a full range flooder line source)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Melo,
I have been following your adventures with the Vifa's and really like what you do. The boxes look like a lot of fun and the process is most of the enjoyment sometimes. As Thom. Edison said about his 10,000 failed attempts before perfecting the light bulb - he looks at them as lessons learned (what not to do).

Btw, some people like the imagery of Monet's very much ;)

I have been pursuing smaller-scale wacky ideas with just single Vifa's. To date the following builds have all been tried with the trusty old TC9FD:
1. Wall mount folded and flat TL in stereo
2. Desktop/bookshelf BLH
3. Cornu spiral wall mount
4. FH3-inspired floor stander
5. Folded bookshelf MLTL
6. Flat wall mount BIB (Flatter is Better or FIB)
7. ??? Possibly might try 4 driver array in floor standing MLTL

One interesting thing about this process is that the driver remains the fixed point and you can really see the difference in sound the *cabinet* makes.

Keep up the great work and the cool ideas!

A parabolic line reflector? That will have a tall but narrow beam that you can paint sound (I mean Barry) across people on the sidewalk as you drive your car down the road. :D

Kind of like pushbroom Barry mobile...

Well, they will be parabolic disks...like those mirrors,
so more like a direct laser....a Barry Blast!
Bam! you've been mannylowed.
and so on :D

careful here.
I think Jordan did something about horizontal focused arrays.

The ear is really good at picking left to right locations compared to up and down.

then again, I could be wrong.

"At the Copa !!!! Copacabaaaaannaaaa !!!!!!!!!"

I remember the looks I'd get in 1993 blasting "Rosanna" from my boom car (when I wasn't blaring warren G "regulate" or Queen's "Gimme the prize").
From Toto's grammy winning album from 1983, "Rosanna" spent 5 consecutive weeks at #2 on billboard hot 100.

"meet you all the way..........."

LOL, I'm old. lol

Maybe some Vanilla Ice..........
"To the extreme" still sold 3 million cd's worldwide last year alone. Slam on it all ya want, but it has sold 160 million copies/variations.
Booyah

Norman

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.