Question regarding the terminals on theCHR 70 (Omnes Audio BB 4.AL)
I have an old pair of the nice looking black CHR 70s (Omnes Audio BB 4.AL) laying around. I would like to build some quick bookshelf cabinets with those for a friend of mine. While examining the driver I could not find any marks which terminal is positive and which terminal is negative.
I appreciate any hint. Thank you.
It should be the first one counting from left side of the pic you have provided. Can you check the black part where the terminals are fixed? If you look carefully there should be a + and - sign engraved.
Besides you can do the following.
1. Connect a red wire to one terminal post of the Omnes BB4.AL
2. Connect white color wire on another post of the driver
3. Take a 1.5 volt AA or AAA battery
4. Make contact with negative end of battery and white wire and hold (keep contact)
5. Now make contact between positive terminal of the battery and red wire
6. If speaker cone moves forward (outward) then the speaker terminal with red wire is the + one
7. If speaker cone moves inward then the terminal with white wire connected is +
There should be a + and - on the black strip holding the terminals. Sometimes kinda hard to see.
I will post an result as soon as I tested the speakers.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 06:40 PM.|
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2016 diyAudio