Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th November 2012, 05:02 PM   #31
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
try some of the names on this list?

Wood Paneling Supplies Canton MI - Canton MI, Wood Paneling Supplies, Canton MI wood paneling, Canton MI ceiling paneling, Canton MI wall paneling, Canton MI exterior wood paneling

Often the high end residential kitchen or commercial millwork shops will have access to wider range of materials than big box or retail shops( Home Depot / Lowes etc) find demand to carry in stock. Would you look for organic grass feed beef or Alaskan wild salmon at Applebees?

Thank you for the link. Also no I wouldn't look for Organic grass feed beef at applebees I know better but, good point. Jm
Old 24th November 2012, 05:06 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Brines View Post
Good lord man, you live in a major metropolitan area. Surely you can find something.

Bob

Well finding something is right? My wood shop /mill guy / cabinet guy I was going thru left state. So for me its been hard. I have called a lot of places and alot of wood mills have gone away . Also the very few left want me to buy in brick loads of wood and not per. sheet of wood. Thanks jm
Old 24th November 2012, 06:27 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

NS,

There are two good options for sheet goods in Metro Detroit. Drayton Plywood - Home & Contact Us in Drayton (near Waterford) carries a good selection of hardwood plywoods including prefinished maple in 1/2" & 3/4" thickness and the prices are reasonable. The owner is very good and I always take a cutlist to have each sheet split where I need to make it easier to get into my basement workshop - no charge for the 1st cut! Public Lumber Your Hardwood Moulding, Plywood and Lumber Source-Public Lumber Company - Public Lumber Co. in Detroit (7 Mile near I-75) tends to have more selection in exotics but you need to call before you go there to confirm they have what you want. It's in a pretty rough section of town and I always take my friend Kimber along for company. They will also do 1 cut per sheet at no extra charge and they carry a pretty nice stock of hardwoods also.
Old 25th November 2012, 02:24 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

Thank you for the heads up . I will check into it. I am going to buy my wood in the next few weeks to come. Jm
Old 25th November 2012, 03:36 AM   #35
badman is offline badman  United States
diyAudio Member

I've worked with Arauco, it's not bad stuff. Used it with an outer sheath of nicer 1/4" to make my BOFU TLs.
Old 28th November 2012, 11:46 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

My HD has a 12mm hardwood ply (7) stamped made in Ecuador. Looks decent but it doesn't seem to be what has been spoken of so far in this thread. Besides, I need 15.875mm or I'm not Phivates. Tomorrow I'll find out what my local suppliers can get Murphy for. Bracing for that.
Old 30th November 2012, 03:06 PM   #37
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by phivates View Post
or I'm not Phivates.
Funny how you can look at someone's nickname and not pay attention until it's spelled out.

But isn't .875 actually psevenates?
Old 1st December 2012, 01:07 AM   #38
diyAudio Member

Psevenation furthers, sayeth the I Ching. I clearly need 13 ply. Or there's no phi.
Old 1st December 2012, 05:38 AM   #39
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to teachjava
Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
The bamboo plywoods are similar in construction to lumber core.

dave
Where can you get Bamboo plywood?
Old 1st December 2012, 06:05 AM   #40
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Chris knows which distribs to get it from here. Seattle?

One of the manufacturers/importers i corresponded with was on Mercer Island i believe.

Google bamboo plywood. Best stuff is the stranded.

dave

Hide this!Advertise here!