Whats a aperiodically-coupled bass-reflex box?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FE126 really needs a horn. If i eas doing an aperiodic box for it, it would reach 150-200Hz.

dave

Well from what the graph he sent me it is flat lined intill 150hz and then dips down. I would be adding a sub woofer at 200hz. So taking care of that problem is solved. The fe126en is flat lined from 150 hz on up. We will see it works? There is a first time for everything right. jm

Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Well from what the graph he sent me it is flat lined intill 150hz and then dips down. I would be adding a sub woofer at 200hz. So taking care of that problem is solved. The fe126en is flat lined from 150 hz on up. We will see it works? There is a first time for everything right. jm

FE126 used as midtweeter like this should be good.

dave

Has anyone here ever tried the MAPD loading and compared it to a straight-up sealed box or aperiodic enclosure with the same driver? Seems like this is similar to what is done in the Dynaco A35, except for different volume ratios between the chambers.

IG

Has anyone here ever tried the MAPD loading and compared it to a straight-up sealed box or aperiodic enclosure with the same driver? Seems like this is similar to what is done in the Dynaco A35, except for different volume ratios between the chambers.

IG

Sounds like a good idea. I would like to know as well with a side by side testing box types and how they can make or brake a drivers performance. Jm

Having parted out dozens of pairs i saw no evidence of hand tweaking,

Some pictures

dave

The boxes were first stuffed uniformly. Then each was measured on a 'scope and tweaked accordingly. As an experiment, next time you defile a pair of Dynaco A25s, do it with a 'scope as you pull the 'glass out from the port and see how bass characteristics are affected.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.