Foam Core Board Speaker Enclosures?

Tried the guillotine Turk. It compressed the foam. The real problem though was finding one that could cut something 30" long that wasn't a piggy bank breaker. I'm sure the foam would recover by the next day.

The slide cutters that I imitated are good but it was easier to throw something together than it was to fork out more coin for the tool than the end product. I'm not an economics major but...

Eddie, I am pleased that your RAS worked for you. As mentioned, no luck in Cal's world with spinning blade things.

Last edited:
I have no idea what you're talking about. They do not rule my life!

I also don't still have a set of speakers I built for my brother's Ford Pinto back in 1976.

Honest. ;)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 2.24.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 2.24.23 PM.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_4470.jpg
    IMG_4470.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 274
I thought I'd do a comparison so I built two different enclosures for the pair of Fountek FR89EX drivers I had. I built one 20" x 3.5" Cornu and one 0.4 Karlsonator.

The Karlsonator sounds really good. I was surprised at how much bass was coming out of that small speaker. The cabinet seemed to have a little flexing and it felt really lively.

But Cornu sounded much better to my ear and with my music. The bass was better, the volume louder, and it seemed to have much more sparkle.

It makes me wonder if I overstuffed the Karlsonator?

When my daughter saw the Karlsonator she said I built a butt-crack speaker. :D

I'll be building another Cornu to make a matched pair.

Attachments

• Speakers.jpg
    Speakers.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 242