Foam Core Board Speaker Enclosures?

Just a quick update on my Franken-towers.
Thanks to X's great tips, I was able to make some changes and get them sounding pretty good, but nothing special. I was ready to move on to my next project (Bloodhounds), and was considering dismantling them and recovering the drivers for some future experiment. I decided to wait a couple days, and I'm sure glad I did!
I had ordered one of those cheap eBay stereo amps (this one), just to use for quick setups and testing of speakers, and it arrived yesterday. I hooked it all up and tried it out. Wow, what a difference! This speaker sounds so much better being driven off this little pocket amp than from my Onkyo HT receiver. Can't imagine why.
Anyway, later that day, I was speaking to an elderly friend who is having trouble hearing his TV. Hmm...I have a solution for that! I took over the amp and speaker, and stuck it in the corner beside their TV console. It sounds amazing! The rear-firing driver reflects the sound off the back wall and comes out the left side, sounding almost like stereo. They are super happy, and so am I, because this hunk of junk is being used by people I love. :D
I guess I need to order another amp, though... ;)
Bottom line, thanks so much X for your advice in helping me get this system up and running in a useful way!

Attachments

• 20200620_165128 (Medium).jpg
    20200620_165128 (Medium).jpg
    273 KB · Views: 202
  • 20200620_165121 (Medium).jpg
    20200620_165121 (Medium).jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 198
Glad it worked out! So is that a bipole MLTL speaker and you are using it mono?

Ummm...maybe? :p
Was I supposed to hook the drivers up separately? I thought you said wire them in parallel? This of course would have been just one of a pair, had I built two, but it was just a test to see if I could make it work, and it ended up finding a home.
Yes, I'm running it off only one channel of the amp, if that's what you mean. Is that wrong? Should I bridge it somehow?
I really feel like I'm learning a new language here... :eek:

Are you talking to me George?

If you read up about 10-12 posts, you'll see that X suggested that I either build a BSC, or change the configuration of the drivers to eliminate the need for one. I chose the latter, since I didn't have the parts for the BSC. The result was the dipole speaker in the images I posted. Does that answer your question, or were you referring to a different design? If so, please quote which message you're asking about so we won't be confused. :)

The ad is contradictory. It says fibreboard and it also say foam board. Reading the description, I am thinking this is regular fibreboard so no, it is nothing close to what you want for speakers. Fibreboard is used as a barrier over heat sensitive insulation in roofing, among other things, and has no redeeming qualities when it comes to speakers other than perhaps lining the inside of the box.

I bought it for some insulation around house and i bought too much. Boards are 600*1250*20 mm and price is around 2,5 USD per board.
I used 2 boards for front and back glued together but inner boards smaller so i can have dado for side panels. Very light but quite strong. Bolts are holding driver firmly