Foam Core Board Speaker Enclosures?

It's something to look at since I'm waiting for the glue to set.
Using for the top face of the FIBs, Lexal adhesive, since I have terrible luck with hot glue and gorilla glue. It's sort of like silicone, but stronger and more stable than silicone. Is thick like silicone, and does not drip or run. Laminated the front panels of the cornu speakers with laminate glued on with PVA, and that I think may take a while to dry.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Slot loaded Open Baffle bi-amped with DSP

This was made of cardboard but could have just as well been FC. In case you are interested it is described here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/249984-cheap-fast-ob-literally-7.html#post3805024

397658d1391479751-cheap-fast-ob-literally-slot-ob-photo-01.jpg

Sounds great and easy to build.

ERMAGOSHHH...

Hot glue on my fingers. !!

:mad:

This foam core idea is pretty cool.
Hot glue... ugh.
I started building mine today from the $1 Dollar Store.
Found the same thing, but nicer quality Elmers foam core at WalMart for $1.47.
They also had it with a blue backing for a bit more $.
But lucky me, the blue backing was in the slot where the $1.47 white backing was supposed to go, so I got a few sheets for that price.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
You get used to it after a while and it stops hurting. Manly man stuff this hot glue. :) If you wet your finger with water first you can use it to smooth a joint with a nice fillet.

My local supermarket carries the Elmer's and it is mis labeled price. Their policy is to give it free if mismarked - I got several sheets this way.

The dollar store stuff is ideal for parts that need to be curved and the Elmer's is good for exterior panels especially the baffle where the driver mounts.