Help with Bandor 50 which amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I jus wanted to ask some advise here about which amplifier to use with a Bandor 50 driver.
I've spoken with Bandor (very nice woman) and she says there is 3 ohm versions: 4, 8 and 16.
My idea is to do a small PC system with these drivers. I though of useing them with the hifimediy's new T1 M. Hifimediy T1-M TK2050 9 - 24V
Also may be with a TA 2020 amp. The thing is that I also asked hifimediy ohm load is this amplifier, and the answer is 8 ohm. So may be this should be the combination: the T1-M and the Bandor 8 ohm.
But is there a noticeable difference between the 8 ohm and the 4 ohm?
Do you think the 4 ohm Bandor can be used with a TA2020 amplifier like this?Module Amplificateur - AUDIOPHONICS TA2020 V2 Module Amplificateur TRIPATH 2x20Watts although this is much lower wattage and those Bandor are a bit low SPL

Thanks in advance for your help!:)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Nice, thanks, but I was thinking in two loudspeakers with just the bandors in "full range"
My doubt is if they require high wattage amplifier, then ta2020 wouldn't be suitable or may be yes. Maybe someone has tested this combination and the Bandor 50 4 ohm.
Then the 8 ohm version I have this new hifimediy amp board with on off and volume pot in same board. But then I'm no sure if the Bandor 8 ohm differs a lot from 4ohm.
Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.