Betsy Cello Speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
IMG_1206.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

I recently built these "resonant" cabinets and mounted a high q Wild Burro Audio Labs "Betsy" full range driver. I used Canadian Maple Ply throughout. A 100% natural oil varnish was used for a finish. These cabinets are similar to the Saba "Reso" or Saba "Cello" style cabinets. There have been many commercial offerings of a similar nature as well. Including, the Auditorium 23 Rondo. Lots and lots of information is available on this design with a Google Search. I used the plans off the Greencones website by Troels Gravesen. After having listened to them for about two weeks now, I absolutely love the sonics they produce. Very well worth the time and expense of this build.

Nice work, these look great. I've been intrigued by this aproach for a while. Forget about hi-fi, this is ultra-fi. ;)

I also very much enjoy your Fleawatt blog, it even inspired me to build a small amp based on TDA2616 in a metal-top wood enclosure, much like a few posted there. :) Keep up the good work!

IG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.