horizontal or vertical speakers ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Another project here about to be started

i am going to try something new this time. I just came across the idea of building a speaker system consists of these options:

1) Build an enclosure with 2 full ranges (maybe with tweeters too). The left and right speakers will be housed in the same enclosure but the enclosure placed horizontally and my LED monitor placed on top of it. (in other words the width of the speaker will be same or slightly greater than the width of my monitor width is 19"). I plan to use oval screened TV speakers (sound is quite good for the speaker but havent bought the part yet ... just had a listening test of the speaker free air at an electronic store i went this evening).

2) Build a conventional stand up speakers (a pair placed left and right of the monitor) that using the same speaker i mentioned (perhaps with tweeter if i found the treble is lacking).

3) Combination of option 1 and 2 (Left and Right plus a center channel speaker)

Which one is highly recommended? So far i being using conventional left and right speaker system and found that the sound is lacking in the center of listening position. For your information, i sit fairly close to these speakers.

Opinions and suggestions are much welcomed and appreciated. TQ

how about option 3 ... The combination of option 1 and 2 ( i mean have a pair of vertical speakers and build the horizontal speaker and place it below of the monitor)? will i gain any benefit this way??

IMHO, the #2 option is the best, but be sure if the speaker impedance is matched to the audio output from the monitor/TV, and that the power fro it is capable of driving the speakers, such poor designed cabinets need more power by the reason of poor efficiency of them.

Forget to mention impedance matching is not a problem here since i have plan to build individual amps to power them ... the LED monitor i using is for my computer and therefore there is no speaker build in the monitor ...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.