Any A12P owners out there?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been searching for videos of the mystical Alpair 12P in action for a while now, but I've had little luck:confused: So I was hoping that someone on this forum could make a video of this elusive driver :D
Doesn't have to be anything fancy, perhaps just a closeup and a "distance" shot while playing :) Any vids would be greatly appreciated!

I don't have any videos but maybe I'll give it a shot. I've never posted anything to youtube before.

Here is a still, for what that is worth.:)

IMG_4175.jpg

videos - at the risk of sounding testy, for what purpose, might I ask?

I don't own, or currently have custodianship of A12Ps, but have heard them in two different enclosures, and they are a great sounding driver.

When someone mentions videos of speakers playing, I think of those I've seen posted generally for the purpose of demonstrating them at extreme levels of operation - what I'd tend to sarcastically ( c-est moi? :D ) describe as "stupid audio tricks" - you know, see the blur of surrounds bouncing at 120dB at 20Hz, smoking voice coils etc. Even a video of sane volume level playing of Rachmaninoff's Symphonic Dances, or Great Gate a Kiev, or O Fortuna, or (take your pick) will tell you nothing when played over a latop, or even most desktop systems.

Jo - jo -jo....

I've been searching for videos of the mystical Alpair 12P in action for a while now, but I've had little luck:confused: So I was hoping that someone on this forum could make a video of this elusive driver :D
Doesn't have to be anything fancy, perhaps just a closeup and a "distance" shot while playing :) Any vids would be greatly appreciated!

Hi!

Mine Alp12P is warming up to be installed either next week or middle of November! And just now listening to Alp10.2 with 24/96 Wav!

Bor du på Vestlandet? så har du mulighet å høyre om litt!!:cool:

Best
Olav

Thank you for all your replies! I haven't had a chance to acquire a pair yet, so I'm settling with some eyecandy for now:) I've recently built two modified Zigmahornets with good results and I would like to try one with the Alpair 12P.
(I know its an old design:D)

A youtube vid is just like watching a speaker in a store. Even if you can't hear them, its always fun to have a look! A closeup shot with sound is always more interesting than without..
Jeff, I listen to all sorts of music, but I think a video with a good vocal and some lower mids\upper bass would show the qualities of the Alpair!

I live in Vestfold, Olaf. Ellers så skulle jeg gjerne tatt en tur:)

Thank you for all your replies! I haven't had a chance to acquire a pair yet, so I'm settling with some eyecandy for now:) I've recently built two modified Zigmahornets with good results and I would like to try one with the Alpair 12P.
(I know its an old design:D)

A youtube vid is just like watching a speaker in a store. Even if you can't hear them, its always fun to have a look! A closeup shot with sound is always more interesting than without..
Jeff, I listen to all sorts of music, but I think a video with a good vocal and some lower mids\upper bass would show the qualities of the Alpair!

I live in Vestfold, Olaf. Ellers så skulle jeg gjerne tatt en tur:)

So far, I've been unsuccessful in creating a decent sounding audio clip.:(

jeff

I suspect that this is a fools errand. You record a high resolution driver, run it through a lossy compression algorithm, and play the results back on another driver that has its own characteristics and colorations. I doubt that you will retain any of the characteristics of the original driver.

Bob

I suspect that this is a fools errand. You record a high resolution driver, run it through a lossy compression algorithm, and play the results back on another driver that has its own characteristics and colorations. I doubt that you will retain any of the characteristics of the original driver.

Bob

don't hold back Bob, it'll raise your blood pressure

I refuse to entertain that notion.;)

jeff

Fool's errand pretty much describes this hobby writ large, no?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.