Kubotech -- Alpair7.3?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
RMAF 2012 Day 2 - Tyson and Pez Coverage LIVE

attachment.php

dave

Attachments

• kubotech-cube.jpg
    kubotech-cube.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 741
Here's a rather poor-quality picture I snapped yesterday (Sunday) with my phone. Initially, I thought I was hearing the multi-function unit playing a vinyl rip, but apparently, it was just doing DSP and amp duties (as there was a turntable far off to the left, if I recall correctly).

I like this general approach of using DSP to flatten a driver out. I'm curious if the multi-function unit is also a preamp doing the RIAA eq.

Attachments

• kubotek_haniwa.jpg
    kubotek_haniwa.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 239
Here's a rather poor-quality picture I snapped yesterday (Sunday) with my phone. Initially, I thought I was hearing the multi-function unit playing a vinyl rip, but apparently, it was just doing DSP and amp duties (as there was a turntable far off to the left, if I recall correctly).

I like this general approach of using DSP to flatten a driver out. I'm curious if the multi-function unit is also a preamp doing the RIAA eq.

For me the A7.3 don't need much in the way of flattening throughout most of its range - certainly not as compared to say an FE126E - but even in something like the latter, I'd be wary of EQ'ing too much to smooth response curves - it's not all that difficult to flatten the life right of the music in the search for + /- 3dB from 20/20K .

Where DSP appeals to me is XO, room correction, and of course many current HT receivers incorporate auto-calibrating DSP functions that are so easy to use that one can forget all that is happening in those little chips.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.